Thursday 14 April 2016

Making a Start

I'm going to make a start on the renovations by doing up the smallest room (our soon-to-be bedroom). I am so excited to finally have something to do on the house haha. This room will be easiest to start with as at the moment it's just full of toys in containers. My daughter was sleeping in there but she was lonely so we moved her bed into the boys room for a temporary fix until Willow was old enough to share with her. I currently co sleep whilst I breastfeed so it will be a little while yet but not too long.

So this weekend I plan to unscrew shelves, remove the butterfly decorations from the walls and paint. I'm currently thinking of going with Pale sage by Dulux:





I think a soft green is a good choice for a bedroom and this colour is nice and light. Given the room is so tiny anything too dark would make it feel like a cave I reckon.

This room is also the only one without floorboards. We think it used to be the laundry before they moved it out to the shed. I've found some laminate boards I like at Bunnings though which should match pretty well and most importantly are affordable!



I'll be sure to take pictures whilst I work! Hopefully it won't take very long given it's size. One advantage to a small house haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment