Sunday 10 April 2016

Scandinavian

I absolutely love Scandinavian style for interiors and I am planning on using Scandinavian homes and design as inspiration for our renovation. Scandinavian homes and apartments tend to be small and their weather isn't always very sunny so they utilise colour and design really well to make sure their spaces always seem bright and roomy. Given Tasmania is also quite cold and our house quite small I figure they are a great inspiration for getting the most out of our home. 

We have floorboards throughout which are great but not a colour I particularly like. Originally I considered staining them but I'd have to go darker and with our house being small I didn't want dark floors. So like many Scandinavian pictures I have browsed, I am planning on painting our floors white. I love how fresh they look (though that's not likely to last long with 6 people trampling all over them) and how they help bounce light. Love these pictures from My Scandinavian Home







Our walls for the main living areas I'll be keeping the same colour as I love it! It's called Limed White and is a soft Greige colour. Too much white would just get dirty very quickly by my kids and like I said, I adore this colour:



The bedrooms will be more colourful but I think a very neutral palette works well for the main living areas. I'll add colour in the soft furnishings.

In other news it's been 6 years today since my husband and I were hand fasted. We don't usually do much for our anniversary as we'd been together for quite a few years and had 3 of our children before we got married. I always tell people that the only reason we got married was to have a child free holiday for once (and I'm only half joking ;) ). Mostly we lazed around and took the kids to the park (Sebastian was pretending to be on some Black Ops mission or something- I figured it was better not to ask too many questions haha):




Happy 6 Year Anniversary to the love of my life:



And my partner in crime:


No comments:

Post a Comment