Tuesday 19 April 2016

Getting Our Hands Dirty

We started work today on the "Master" bedroom, and it feels so good to finally be able to do something. Had a quick trip to Bunnings last night for the paint, plaster fill and brushes/rollers so that we were prepared. I ended up changing my mind on the paint colour (I always change my mind haha) and went with French Limestone. I love the look of it so hopefully it's just as nice on the walls! The Pale Sage was just a little darker than I had wanted whereas this colour is lighter but still the green I wanted.




Then yesterday morning we emptied the room out of the kids toys. This turned out to be a bigger job than I thought as there were toys all over the ground and then we had to find places to put them all whilst we worked!

After the room was clean we set out with a heatgun and scraper removing the wooden name sign and butterflies that were on the wall from when it was Ashley's room. We also took down shelves and picture hooks.

Next we filled in the holes and cracks with plaster filler and went on a trip to KMart whilst it dried. The boys were desperately in need of new clothes as they won't stop growing and Willow needed a few more winter clothes. I also stopped in at Harvey Norman for a look. I could browse the furniture there all day I reckon. They have some really nice stuff but not really in our meager budget ;)

When we returned home my husband sanded the walls whilst I fed Willow but unfortunately not all the plaster had dried so painting couldn't start until today.

The walls are now done :D but pictures will have to come next time sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment