Monday 18 July 2016

Busy!

I've been slack again but we have also been very busy. It was Willow's first birthday this month. A year that has absolutely flown by. I am so glad we went back for another baby even though it seemed insane with our other kids older and more independent. Why would you go back? people asked us a lot. We don't know, sheer madness perhaps? Whatever the reason we are very glad we did :)

We have mostly been busy doing up the girls room. I have a few more things to arrive and I will do a proper before and after but for now here are some photos of our journey so far.

First step was painting the walls and floor. I got my husband to tape the wall out because I hate taping so much. I don't think he likes it either but he still did it for me haha. Thank goodness for a patient husband that goes along with my harebrained schemes. Here is the feature wall just after painting before we did the other walls and floor:



Then I added black spotty wall stickers to the white triangles:




Here's the room after painting before furniture (door still isn't painted):


Then I added some wardrobes which are actually flat pack pantries from Bunnings. Most cheaper wardrobes just had mostly hanging space (no Ikea here :( ) and we wanted to screw them into the wall to make them more built in. Here they are before doors:


I added some decoration and a shelf for all my daughters shopkins. Willow helped me put the books away by removing them as I was putting them in:

And finally my favourite is this bed that I asked my husband to build. I am so in love with it and impressed with him! 



So that's what I have been up to :) Pretty much everything has come from Bunnings, KMart and Fantastic Furniture. The bedding which I adore is from Cotton On.

No comments:

Post a Comment